• Alvi

Our Final Goodbyes: Frank's First Plane Ride

This past weekend we officially moved to Atlanta. The last two days leading up to the big move, I had so many errands to get done before I left. I had to pack more bags, ship items, take care of my car, say my goodbyes to everyone, and etc. One of the saddest goodbyes for me was my dad, I cried and cried. I’m a true daddy’s girl and my dad had been around for everything in my life and for me to move so far away is very hard for me. I know the move is best for my family, but my dad is my family too. I had to say goodbye and now who’s going to take care of him and makes sure he is following up on his doctor's visits and more. I told my daughter to check on her grandfather since she lives not too far from him. My other saddest moment was my daughter, even though she is 20 years old, she is still my first born my baby girl. These are her pivotal moments for her and I’m sad I’m leaving her for them. I wished she would have changed her mind and moved with us, but I know her fashion is her dream and she has to follow that in Los Angeles. I’m so proud of her and I know she will do very well, I’m just a phone call away and I plane ride away.

My boyfriend took a couple of days off of work to help finish with the packing in Los Angeles but ended up staying home for the two days off. All the packages we ordered came both days and I was glad he was there or we would have been coming home to package galore. He set up our boy's beds, washed all the towels, set up the dressers, and cleaned up the house before our arrival. When he finally came out the last day, we ran

errands that whole day. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep once we got back to his grandmother's house. I set my alarm for 3:00 am and went to sleep. The alarm woke me up, I got dressed and woke up the others. I fed baby Frank and changed his clothes. Franks two boys were meeting us at his grandmother's house. Once their mom got there, we all went to the airport. We said our last goodbyes and the boys hugged their mom as she cried. I went over and gave her a big hug and told her, the boys will be fine, I have them and we both cried and said goodbye one last time.

Once we went past TSA, it was waiting time until our flight was ready to board. Once it was time to board the flight, I said a little prayer that hopefully, baby Frank stays asleep the whole trip, because I wasn’t sure how he would react to being on the plane. He’s only 6 weeks old and wasn’t sure if he was going to be up crying the whole flight. Once we boarded the plane and got situated with our seats, we took off for landing and Frank stayed asleep. I heard that sometimes taking off for babies can cause their ears to pop and search things to do while taking off. I could breastfeed or bottle feed him, but I didn’t have to do either. Once I knew he was still sleeping, I myself took a nap on the plane. I woke up an hour away from Atlanta and Frank was still sleep. Once we started to ascend for landing is when he woke up, I made his bottle, and his dad fed him. Once he was done eating, it was time to get off the plane. Everything was in perfect timing. We got off the plane and found a family restroom so I could change him and we heading towards our car to leave for home. The plane ride wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and it made me feel a little more comfortable being on a plane by myself with baby Frank. We are now in our new home and ready to start this new adventure. Until Next Time!!!

Talk To You Soon!

19 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All