• Alvi

He Is Finally Here!!

Frank Joseph Carrington VI arrived a week ago and I could not be happier. He was exactly 38 weeks and 1 day when he arrived. I was going through a lot of pain that whole week. I could not get anything I wanted to do. I did go to my doctor’s appointment, but my other errands I just could not bring myself to get things done. I laid in the bed most of the time trying to stay comfortable. After my breastfeeding class on Friday, I was hoping he would eventually come. Also, his dad was flying in for a couple of days and I wanted him to come so he could already be in town to witness the birth of our son. Well, my wishes came true. Late Friday night around 11:00 pm I was feeling pain, I called my friend and told her I think I’m having contractions. I knew what they felt like, but it has been a long time since I had a child so I was not sure. She told me to time them and just keep an eye on the pain level. The pain level increased in 30 minutes but was still tolerable. I called my cousin and told her that I may be going into labor and to stay by the phone. I called my boyfriend who was waiting for his flight that I’m having contractions and he said ok and I will be there around 10:00 am. Around 1:00 am the pain was horrible, I called my cousin and told her to come to get me. I got into the shower and that pains got stronger. She finally arrived and we left for the hospital. We went to the labor and delivery and checked in. The nurses check my vitals, put me on the fetal and contraction monitors and I waited for the doctor to come in. The doctor finally came in and he checks to see how far I had dilated and I was only 1-2 centimeters. He wanted to send me home and give me a morphine rest shot and come back when I was further dilated. I told him I was not going home and we have to come up with another plan. By this time the pain was horrible for me to deal with, even after the shot. I told the nurse that the pain is still the same. She told the doctor and he said I could stay at the hospital but I had to walk. My cousin had to leave for a while, so I called my best friend and her mother came to the hospital as well as my boyfriends' grandmother. They both took turns walking with me up and down the hospital hallway. The walking work, I was 4 centimeters dilated and they check me into the hospital around 10:15 am. They wanted me to walk for another hour though and then I could get my epidural. When I got up out of the bed to walk to my new room, I almost fell. I could not walk anymore, the pain was excruciating at this point. It took forever for me to get to my room, the nurse said I will call for the epidural to be done now. As soon as I was about to get my epidural my boyfriend walks in. I was so happy to him and that he made in time for the birth. Once I got the epidural I was in heaven, I was able to relax and to go sleep for a while.

I woke up and everyone was in the room awaiting the new arrival. About two hours after I woke up I felt contractions on my right side. The pain was bearable for a little while but picked up very heavy. I told the nurse and they just kept saying to push the drip button once I felt the pain. I did this for some hours until I could not take it anymore. The nurse said she was going to get the midwife and see how far along I was. The midwife finally came in to check me and I was ready. She was telling everyone to leave and that I could have three people in the room, my boyfriend stayed, my daughter stayed, and my friend's mom stayed. My boyfriend passed me and saw my water coming out and he was grossed out. It was funny to me. The nurses prepped me for delivery and broke my bag. I told them I had to push and the midwife kept telling me to wait. Well, that was hard and when I was finally able to push, I push one long time and he came out, 5lbs 14oz and 19 inches at 4:33 pm. I cried when they laid him on my chest, I did not expect to get so emotional, since I did not cry with my other two births. After he was born they gave us an hour bonding time that he lays on my chest, after that, we were cleaned up and transported to our room for the remainder of the stay. I was exhausted, so my boyfriend took care of the baby for a while. The nurses came in later that night to get me to breastfeed and help me get comfortable. The next morning I went in for my tubal ligation and once again the pain was horrible. They used the same tube for my epidural and once the numbness wore off, the pain began. The pain medication they gave me did not work. Trying to breastfeed and deal with pain at the same time was not a good feeling. My boyfriend was a true trooper, he helped me tremendously while in the hospital. After hours of the pain medication not working, they tried something much stronger and that helped. I was able to sleep and my boyfriend took the baby again that night. The next day it was time to go home, my son got his circumcision, and later that afternoon we were released. Having my son has already been a joy and I can not wait to go through this journey of my life with my family. Until Next Time!!

Talk To You Soon!!!

15 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All